Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tai chi with zucchini

A correspondent offers a simple and elegant suggestion for dealing with the various immense influxes entering my life right now. On the one hand, we have another huge group of freshpersons arriving in a week, and on the other, we have the continuing overwhelming flood of fresh zucchini from the garden. My correspondent suggests bringing those two streams together: "everyone entering college should indeed be issued with a protective zucchini and several hours' instruction in how to use it. I imagine in some open space, possibly near the college's emerging library, a Tai-Chi-like gathering of people, all slowly moving their zucchinis as the sun rises, learning discipline, self defense and the importance of green vegetables all at the same time."

Sounds great to me. Think we could get a grant?

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I would love to see such a sight.

Anonymous said...

And I would love to participate.